Christos the Taco Man
Ingredients (to make one taco)
- 1 Taco shell
- 1 Chris Fun Size Corn Relish dip
- 1 chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice Wholemeal wrap
- A few Corn kernels
- 1 small slice Red capsicum
- Shredded tasty cheese
- 1 slice of eggplant skin ( for decoration)
- Small amount of olive oil
- 2 quinoa seeds
- 1 small circle cutter
- 1 large circle cutter
- Sharp knife
- Slice the chicken thigh into pieces.
- Mix cumin, paprika and honey in a small bowl. Mix in the chicken until the chicken is covered in marinade
- Place a little bit of olive oil into a frying pan and cook the chicken.
- Whilst waiting for the chicken to cook using a small circle cutter cut two circles out of a piece of wholemeal wrap- this will be used for the eyes.
- Using a straw cut two circles out of a black pancake – these will be used for the pupils. Place onto the eyes. To add an extra element of shine to the eye place a quinoa seed onto the left side of each pupil.
- Using a sharp knife cut a cherry tomato in half- this will be used for the nose.
- Using scissors cut two moustache shapes out of the skin of an eggplant
- To make the sombrero using a large circle cutter cut a circle out of the wholemeal wrap. Cut a small curved triangle out of the wholemeal wrap- toast in a sandwich press until browned.
- Using a sharp knife cut small triangles out of the red capsicum. Stick these onto the sombrero with some of the corn relish dip. Place a small amount of the dip into the middle of the toasted circle and place the curved triangle on top to complete the sombrero. You can add corn kernels for decoration.
- Once your taco shell has cooked fill it with your desired ingredients – we have used chicken, spinach, cheese, and Chris’ Fun-Size Corn Relish dip.
- Using the corn relish dip stick the eyes, moustache and nose onto the taco shell.
- Place the sombrero on top of the taco
- Using a knife cut two strips of the taco shell for the legs. Place the taco shells on side of the taco man. Place a piece of chicken on each end of the taco shell to create his shoes.
Enjoy your taco Amigo!
This recipe was created for us by Jacob’s Food Diaries.