Easy Chocolate Soufflé
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp icing sugar mixture, to serve
- 1 cup Chris’ Greek Yogurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 4 clean Heritage Pots.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in coconut or brown sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Beat egg yolks with a fork to combine. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour and cocoa together over chocolate mixture, stir to combine.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until thick and glossy.
- Add 1 tablespoon egg white to chocolate mixture. Mix well. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in remaining egg white. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until just firm to touch. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with cream.