French Onion & Mushroom Wholemeal Spaghetti
- 3 heaped tbsp. of Chris’ Traditional French Onion Dip
- 1 1⁄2 cups of button mushrooms, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced 180 grams of wholemeal spaghetti
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Olive oil, for frying
- Cook your pasta in heavily salted water as per packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry your onions & mushrooms in olive oil until the onions are caramelised.
- Before you drain your pasta, remove half a cup of the cooking water and reserve.
- Drain the pasta and place back in the warm pot.
- Stir a quarter of the cooking water back through the pasta, along with the French Onion Dip. Add more water if needed – you’re looking for a creamy consistency.
- Add half the mushroom and onion mix to the pasta and stir through.
- Serve topped with the remaining mushroom & onion mix, and fresh thyme leaves.
Recipe by Healthy Natty for Chris’ Dips.