Grilled Corn Cobs with Smokey Paprika & Black Salt Butter Rub
As the weather turns a little gloomy, add some spice to your dinner repertoire with our Whole Grilled Corn Cobs with Smokey Paprika and Black Salt Butter Rub and Whipped Spicy Capsicum Dip.
- 5 whole cobs of corn (with husks intact)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 50gm butter
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Cyprus Black Lava salt flakes.
- 100gm Chris’ Traditional Spicy Capsicum Dip.
- 50gm manchego cheese grated.
- Fresh coriander
- 1 lime to garnish
- Preheat a chargrill to medium.
- Combine coriander powder, cumin, smokey paprika, black salt and softened butter in a small bowl. Cream together and then set aside.
- Pull the husk from the corncobs back to its base to create a skirt and remove and discard any cornhusk hair as you go. Take a long outer husk leaf and use it to tie back the husk skirt at the base, creating a handle to turn the corn on the chargrill.
- Rub the corncobs with the seasoned butter mixture and place on the hot grill, turning frequently, for 15 minutes or until some of the corn kernels blacken and start to pop. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place finished corn on a platter husk and all, and dollop small quenelles of Chris’ Spicy Capsicum Dip over the warm corn.
- Garnish with lime wedges and roughly chopped fresh coriander and grate manchego cheese with a fine grater over top and season with extra black salt if needed.