Mushroom Risotto with Goat’s Cheese & Black Truffle
- 1 litre salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 40g butter
- 500g mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large tablespoons of Chris’ Heritage Goats Cheese & Black Truffle Dip
- Heat the stock and 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan over high heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 mins or until tender. Stir in the rice until well coated. Stir in the wine and cook for 1 min or until wine has evaporated. Add 1 ladleful of stock mixture and gently stir until stock is absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock mixture until the rice is tender with just a slight bite.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Increase heat to high. Cook the mushrooms in the butter, in batches, stirring, for 5 mins or until golden and tender. Transfer to another plate. Return one-quarter of the mushrooms to the pan. Add the garlic and parsley. Season and toss to combine. Reserve to garnish the risotto.
- Stir the plain mushrooms and Heritage Dip into the risotto. Set aside, covered, for 2 mins to melt the dip. Divide among plates and top a dollop of the dip. Season with pepper and enjoy!